Saturday, June 14, 2008

I.C.O.

I haven't written in a while.... but I really haven't had time. We have been extremely busy. My day starts at 5:30 or 6 depending on how late I went to sleep.

Some of you already know this but some don't so here goes....I am a summer missionary through NAMB (North American Missions Board) but what you may not know is that I'm having a bittersweet time.

I was placed in Myrtle Beach SC and I really do like the beach.... but I'm here for God. God has given me a love for people and ministry. The problem is that I'm not so sure what a few others are really here for.
We only have 11 staffers! And we are all exhausted at the end of the day. But people are letting little things get in the way of our ministry. Stupid things like "well she looked at me like she was gonna kill me! So I just won't talk to her." and "He hurt my feelings. And I don't want to be picked on."..... And all this is really getting to me.
If you have a problem with someone tell them first!! Don't go tell your friend. Or involve another person who has no business getting involved. How can the problem be solved if one person doesn't even know there is a problem?

I can't stand it when people hold grudges or become bitter with others especially brothers and sisters in Christ!! I mean come on. Really. Didn't God forgive you? And won't he forgive you for everything else that you do?!? Or are you perfect? (Romans 3:23 says all have sinned, So don't pretend you're any better than anyone else. )

Think about what you say and do. And try to understand how your behavior and words affect others.

We are here to show God's love to people. Not divide ourselves into groups and live in anger and confusion. We will be here for 7 more weeks. Use this time to better God's kingdom.

No comments: