Tuesday, September 2, 2008

This is the story about Daniel one of our Polish lifeguards. He was one of the smallest lifeguards but he had the biggest heart!! And a funny story to share about why he came to know Jesus.




I didn't really lead him to salvation.... He kind of just informed me about his salvation at the last lifeguard dinner (kinda like the last supper!! lol).

My partner, Anna and I had had some discussions with him but not very many. I believe it was some of our other lifeguard friends that really helped lead him to Christ.

Well as soon as he saw me he got super excited and hugged me! (I was like AWW!) And then he said thank you soooo much for the book and the letter( because we didn't get to talk to him on our last walk we just left him his bible and a note.)

He said that he was going to be reading it a lot now because he thinks he believes in Jesus.
He had been talking with some of the other Polish guards too and I think they had helped share Jesus.... but anyways he was saying that he really believed that Jesus was the son of God and that he had to die to save us.

He said "there was no other way, he had to die for us, he was perfect" !!!!! I didn't know what to do at that point I was shocked, so I hugged him again.
And another Polish Peter (Brady's guard joined in the hug because he was standing there and listening the whole time too)

I don't know if the other Peter that was overhearing our conversation was saved but if not he definitely had some things to talk with Daniel (our guy) about!!

I almost cried! And he wanted me to tell you thanks for the bible and the note.
He kept saying thank you, really he must have said it like 20 times... and all I could say was I'm so excited for you.. and YAY!!

After that last hug he then said with a huge grin on his face "this is a good thing." I said yes and then he said "no you don't understand.... I like this girl. She is a Christian and maybe this will help us."
LOL

He then explained that he first got interested in Christianity because of this girl in Poland. And now he really is a Christian. The Lord sure does work in mysterious ways!! I love how unexpected the Lord can be..... and how he works through us even when we don't have any idea what he is doing. ♥


But regardless of his initial intentions he is now a Christian!!!


No comments: