Thursday, October 8, 2009

I Am Going!!


I am going to CHINA!!!!!

Wow.

And I am leading the team!!!WOO HOO and YIKES all at the same time
I will be with some very good friends who are rather experienced with trips like this which is good, seeing as how this is my first over seas trip.

.... I never EVER thought I would ever be doing something like this. I Never thought God would choose to use me like this or as a missionary.... I used to be such a wreck, and I still have a long way to go.
But thanks be to God for not letting me decide such things LOL.
I hate to think what the world would look like if I did....
I wouldn't know where to begin.

It has been a LONG time since I have written here...
I have been really busy and obviously didn't consider this a priority.
Mostly because I find it difficult to find the words to express myself.
Its true however, that it is easier for me to write how I feel rather than to explain, but this process can still be very daunting for me.
You see, I am ADD.
Its hard for me to focus on most anything for too long, especially things I am not particularly good at or fond of.
My mind races 100 miles a minute every minute!!
And I have yet to find a way to slow it down. Even if I can't find the words to say I am always thinking... pondering... wondering... imagining.


I just wanted to share these thoughts with you today and a song that has completely changed my life. I Will Go by Starfield.
This all started about 3 years ago when I came to NGU. I surrendered my life to missions committed my life to serve anywhere God would happen to send me. My next assignment, or calling if you will, just so happens to be China.

This song tells how I feel about missions. It helps me to explain how I feel about my life- in that its no longer my life, I now live to serve my King. I Will Go. Lord Send me. I wanna live for you. Send me.

"I Will Go"

To the desperate eyes and reaching hands
To the suffering and the lean
To the ones the world has cast aside
Where you want me I will be

[Chorus:]
I will go, I will go
I will go, Lord send me
To the world, To the lost
To the poor and hungry
Take everything I am
I'm clay within your hands
I will go, I will go, send me

Let me not be blind with privilege
Give me eyes to see the pain
Let the blessing You've poured out on me
Not be spent on me in vain
Let this life be used for change

[Chorus]

I wanna live for you
Go where you lead me
I wanna follow you
[Repeat 3x]

[Chorus]

Send me! [4x]


No comments: