On November 19th, 2008 we had the best Chapel service I have yet to have here at North Greenville University.
In Chapel we talked about The Church of Laodicea aka "the luke warm church..... but we talked about it in differently than I had ever heard.
We talked about more than just being on "fire" or "freezing cold".
We talked about having a real relationship with God. We talked about Friendship with God. We talked about getting close enough to God to have and use his promises, protection, faith, love, mercy, and all that God offers us.
So recently I have been spending more time with God.
And just praying to become closer to God. I want to be God's friend. I want to know who he is like a good friend should. And the hardest part of that is letting him get to know me......
I have been praying and really trying to just spend more time with God. Worshiping and praising him and just getting to know him more. Not necessarily reading the bible but spend "spare" time with him throughout my day, and I have already grown sooo much closer to him.
I just talk with him as if he were sitting right in front of me because he is in a way... lol he is ALWAYS there!!! and that blows my mind too because He is the only friend I have that is with me 24/7 and still loves me!!! I've been talking to him just like he was a regular earthly friend.... and this sounds really strange but we converse too. I don't just talk to him I really feel him and sometimes hear him respond to me.... and lately I have just been overwhelmed with his peaceful presence.... its so beautiful. God is so beautiful.
The other side of this is the hard part. Letting God get to know me is rather difficult.
This is because I know he knows everything about me and yet I still try and keep secrets from him... lol sounds really stupid, but we all do it. We act and say things sometimes and pretend, ignore, or try to cover up what we've done from God. We try to hide just like Adam and Eve in that great green garden.
Just simply sharing with God willingly the things that are going on in my life.... but not just the bad things. I am casually talking with Him about EVERYTHING!! LOL and it is wonderful!! Seriously you should really try it.
This had definitely changed me for the better and I will continue to grow in and with Him.
Psalm 15
A psalm of David.
1 Who may worship in your sanctuary, Lord?
Who may enter your presence on your holy hill?
2 Those who lead blameless lives and do what is right,
speaking the truth from sincere hearts.
3 Those who refuse to gossip
or harm their neighbors
or speak evil of their friends.
4 Those who despise flagrant sinners,
and honor the faithful followers of the Lord,
and keep their promises even when it hurts.
5 Those who lend money without charging interest,
and who cannot be bribed to lie about the innocent.
Such people will stand firm forever.
Psalm 15:5
Proverbs 22:1
Psalm 31:3
Psalm 32:8
John 15:16
Psalm 112:6
In Chapel we talked about The Church of Laodicea aka "the luke warm church..... but we talked about it in differently than I had ever heard.
We talked about more than just being on "fire" or "freezing cold".
We talked about having a real relationship with God. We talked about Friendship with God. We talked about getting close enough to God to have and use his promises, protection, faith, love, mercy, and all that God offers us.
So recently I have been spending more time with God.
And just praying to become closer to God. I want to be God's friend. I want to know who he is like a good friend should. And the hardest part of that is letting him get to know me......
I have been praying and really trying to just spend more time with God. Worshiping and praising him and just getting to know him more. Not necessarily reading the bible but spend "spare" time with him throughout my day, and I have already grown sooo much closer to him.
I just talk with him as if he were sitting right in front of me because he is in a way... lol he is ALWAYS there!!! and that blows my mind too because He is the only friend I have that is with me 24/7 and still loves me!!! I've been talking to him just like he was a regular earthly friend.... and this sounds really strange but we converse too. I don't just talk to him I really feel him and sometimes hear him respond to me.... and lately I have just been overwhelmed with his peaceful presence.... its so beautiful. God is so beautiful.
The other side of this is the hard part. Letting God get to know me is rather difficult.
This is because I know he knows everything about me and yet I still try and keep secrets from him... lol sounds really stupid, but we all do it. We act and say things sometimes and pretend, ignore, or try to cover up what we've done from God. We try to hide just like Adam and Eve in that great green garden.
Just simply sharing with God willingly the things that are going on in my life.... but not just the bad things. I am casually talking with Him about EVERYTHING!! LOL and it is wonderful!! Seriously you should really try it.
This had definitely changed me for the better and I will continue to grow in and with Him.
Psalm 15
A psalm of David.
1 Who may worship in your sanctuary, Lord?
Who may enter your presence on your holy hill?
2 Those who lead blameless lives and do what is right,
speaking the truth from sincere hearts.
3 Those who refuse to gossip
or harm their neighbors
or speak evil of their friends.
4 Those who despise flagrant sinners,
and honor the faithful followers of the Lord,
and keep their promises even when it hurts.
5 Those who lend money without charging interest,
and who cannot be bribed to lie about the innocent.
Such people will stand firm forever.
Psalm 15:5
Proverbs 22:1
Psalm 31:3
Psalm 32:8
John 15:16
Psalm 112:6

No comments:
Post a Comment